Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Adjusted Fall Semester Schedule
As we continue to follow the CDC and Federal, and State guidelines, we are planning to welcome students back to campus and to teach in-person in August.
In response to the best available information, we will be shifting our semester forward to begin classes on August 17, instead of the previously scheduled start date of August 24. Move-in and orientation for all new students will be held the week of August 10. Additional details will be available in the coming weeks.
Additionally, Xavier will be adjusting the semester schedule by implementing the following changes:
- Classes will be held on Labor Day, Monday, September 7.
- Fall Break will not be held. Instead, class will meet on October 8 and 9.
- The final day of classes will take place Tuesday, November 24.
- Residence halls will close for the semester at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25.
- Following the Thanksgiving break, Xavier will hold Finals in a remote format from November 30 to December 4.
- Xavier has added in two days off for our students and one remote learning day:
- No classes on Tuesday, September 15 as we host our annual Spirit Celebration.
- No classes on Wednesday, October 21 for a mid-semester break. (Once a week classes will meet.)
- Classes will meet on Tuesday, November 3 in a remote format on Election Day.
These changes are important to first reduce the chance of students, faculty and staff traveling during the holiday breaks to lead to Covid-19 hotspots and second to best utilize the available time on campus.
While the exact future is unpredictable, these changes will allow us to maintain the adacemic integrity of the fall semester while also providing the flexibilty that our students need to be successful. The health and academic experience of our students remains our top priority as does the health of our faculty and staff.
A Xavier hotline of University staff is available at 513-745-1010 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to answer questions. Due to remote work, you may need to leave a message and a member of the Call Center will be in touch shortly.